REVĪVŌ Health and Safety measures during Covid19
Updated May 2020
As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and associates remain our highest priority. We have been closely monitoring the World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations and the situation in Bali and Indonesia. Duty of Care is our obligation to ensure the safety and well-being of our guests and has always been an important aspect in our hotel operations.
On a daily basis, our resort is working to ensure we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. These health and safety measures are designed to address the prevention and spread of COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
Specific steps we are planning to implement once accepting guests again include:
Standards of Cleanliness
- Cleaning all hard surfaces (e.g. floors, desks, countertops, tables) with a standard disinfectant, bleach solution, or mixture containing at least 70% alcohol.
- Cleaning all soft or porous surfaces (e.g. carpets, rugs, drapes) with appropriate cleaning products.
- Regularly wiping and disinfecting high-touch areas such as door handles, light switches, in-room tablets, safes, coffee machines and minibar refrigerators.
- Wash all bed linens and towels with a disinfecting laundry detergent, frequently wash bed scarfs, bedspreads, and decorative pillows.
- Ensuring that all housekeeping staff clean rooms with appropriate protective gear, including gloves and face masks. We will not allow new guests to occupy the room for several hours after the previous guest has checked out.
- In addition to providing staff with protective gear, we have trained employees on how to properly put on and take off masks and gloves as to not accidentally contaminate themselves.
- Items like robes and slippers that appear unused will be replaced between check ins as well as providing amenities on demand to guests, who can select the amenities they want prior to or at check in, so that they can be delivered to the room fresh and sanitized.
- We have added amenities such as hand sanitizer and face masks as part of our offerings.
Social Distancing and Personal Hygiene
- Providing a sanitized envelop for each guest for them to put their mask inside it when not in use.
- Systematically checking temperatures of all our guests and staff on a daily basis as well as everyone who comes to our resort premises, including suppliers.
- Each guest who comes to our resort will need to fill out a questionnaire outlining travel history and health.
- Provide hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the hotel and in high traffic areas.
- We have Reconfigured our restaurant and lounge seating to maintain appropriate spacing between seated guests.
- Reduce face-to-face interaction between staff and guests wherever possible.
- Guests will have the option to opt out of everyday housekeeping if they do not want staff coming into their room every day. For room service requests, guests have the option to have contactless delivery, where items are left outside the door.
- Require that all staff wear face masks and these are replaced daily.
- Post signage for both guests and staff with recommended public health guidelines, including social distancing, hand washing, coughing and sneezing into a tissue or into your arm, and avoiding handshakes.
- Spa treatment can be provided in the guest rooms upon request.
- The resort is built on 3.2 hectares of land with 16 private and very spacious detached Suites and Villas. Each room has a very spacious private garden and some include private pools and there is adequate space in between the Suites and Villas.
Food & Beverage
Although there is no evidence that food or food packaging is a source for getting COVID-19, we are still taking extra precautions with our dining service to minimise risk to guests. Some considerations include:
- Increase our in-room dining options and accessibility.
- Increasing mini-bar offerings and complimentary treats (e.g. fruit, snacks).
Pools, Spas, and Fitness areas
- We regularly test the water in our pools (Including hot and cold plunge pools) to ensure that they meet the safety standards and acceptable chlorine levels. Appropriately treated water should provide adequate disinfection to neutralize the virus.
- In fitness rooms, we frequently clean all equipment with a disinfecting solution containing at least 70% alcohol, paying extra attention to high-touch areas, such as weight equipment, treadmill interfaces and handrails, and yoga mats and exercise balls.
- We frequently clean the areas around the pool and fitness areas, such as the changing rooms, showers, and toilets.
- Strictly enforcing guest hygiene practices, such as requiring a shower with soap and water before entering the pool/spa facilities, washing hands or using hand sanitizer before using equipment, and coughing or sneezing into a tissue.
- Only allowing one guest at a time into the steam/sauna facilities.
Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
Procedures for managing suspect COVID-19 cases
- Arrangement of quarantine areas for unwell or suspected cases.
- Designation of an isolation route to quarantine areas and transport pickup area.
- Arrangement of transport to designated healthcare facilities or hospitals.
- An evacuation plan of the remaining individuals within the property.
- We have an international hospital 5 minutes’ drive from the resort.
- We have doctors on call 24/7 and an ambulance service available 24/7.