6 November 2018
8 Tips to help you sleep better
Healthy and quality sleep is one of the most important aspects for achieving a healthier life, especially for preventing premature ageing. Changing our sleep habits can make a difference in our health and well-being. Sometimes falling asleep may be really hard, especially when we curl up in bed with a smartphone. To improve the quality of your sleep, we shared the following tips:
- Avoid caffeine: Although caffeine has numerous benefits such as improving your state of mind and brain function, consuming caffeine six hours before going to sleep will prevent you from sleeping well.
- Yoga for sleep: Yoga practices such as Restorative Yoga are known for its relaxing, calming and healing. The combination of breath and movement activates your parasympathetic nervous system, which helps counteract stress.
- Try to sleep and wake at regular times: By creating a sleep routine, your hormone levels will be balanced and it will be easier for you to fall asleep.
- Relax and clean your mind: Ease into deep rest and fall asleep with finding an appropriate Bedtime Meditation. Deep breathing, listening to relaxing music, reading a book and taking a hot bath are also an alternative to help you relax.
- Increase your melatonin production: Melatonin is a hormone responsible for regulating sleep cycles. By eating foods such as almonds, cacao, tomato, ginger, oats and banana you will increase your melatonin production.
- Try out SPA therapies: Nurture your body, mind and spirit with relaxing sessions and holistic rituals such as herbs and massage treatments, or ancient soul therapies.
- Avoid alcohol: Even though Alcohol allows healthy people to fall asleep quicker, it reduces rapid eye movement (REM) It also affects your sleep and hormones by reducing nighttime melatonin production. You will fall asleep faster but wake up earlier without resting properly.
- Don’t eat late at night: Having dinner late can have a negative effect on dreaming and sleep patterns. Try to eat dinner at least two hours before going to sleep and avoid meals hard to digest.
If you are looking for a Healthy and quality sleep, we recommend REVĪVŌ’s exclusive Sleep & Relax Retreat by Tristian Kelly which will help you find better quality sleep and overall wellbeing by taking you on a journey of self-discovery. Find out why you may be struggling to get to sleep and what you can do about it.