Poorly managed stress can have serious consequences and may manifest physically, mentally and emotionally. You can become stressed for reasons you are not even aware of. Sometimes, you just need to set time aside to unwind before you suffer. Here’s a list of things you can do to destress:
- Exercise: Exercising 3 times per week is one of the best ways to relax your body and mind. Pranayama is the practice of controlling the breath. Its exercises will help you energize and relax your body at the same time. The controlled breathing enables both the rhythm of performing yoga poses and relaxing the mind for meditation.
- Relax: When you are stressed, your muscles get tense. You will then need to stretch more often, get a massage, take a hot bath or shower, and sleep well.
- Eating well-balanced: Eating well, will help you feel better not only in terms of stress but to control health problems. Don’t skip any diet, and eat more vegetables, whole grains, and protein.
- Take a break from routine: Sometimes you just need to take a break from your daily life and escape somewhere else to rest and to set up your goals.
- Meditate: A simple technique practiced for at least a few minutes per day can help you reduce stress and anxiety.
If you’d like to revive with holistic spa therapies, from massage treatments to body wraps, and re-connect with your inner calm we recommend you to do the Destress & Relax Retreat at REVĪVŌ Wellness Resort Bali. You will return home feeling well-rested, relaxed and ready for anything! For more information, click here.