12 October 2018
Pranayama, the conscious awareness of breath
Pranayama is the conscious awareness of breath: it literally means to pause, extend and regulate the “prana”, the life force of the breath.
When we work with our breath, we are directly working with our mind, and we begin to see how our thoughts are linked to the way we breathe.
The breath affects all other autonomic functions in the body, and controlling it enables to facilitate the rhythm of performing yoga poses and relaxing the mind for meditation.
According to Ayurveda, Pranayama:
– Regulates the rate of breathing and heart rate
– Improves Mental Health, helping with depression and anxiety
– Increases the blood circulation
– Removes accumulated toxins from your body
– Strengthens Immune system
– Increases mental concentration
– Can regulate your mood and calm you down
REVĪVŌ Wellness Resort Bali offers a wide range of Yoga courses such as Pranayama. You can schedule and book online your classes here.